Dr. Renato Calabria has been on the forefront of breast lift and breast reduction by helping pioneering procedures like laser assisted breast reduction and laser assisted breast lift. In both procedures the skin is deepithelialized with the help of a CO 2 laser and then the deepithelialized skin is used to support the breast tissue like a bra.
The laser assisted breast lift is very effective and creates natural, perkier breasts. To enhance projection, sometimes an implant is placed under the muscle.
Dr. Calabria also uses a newer type of breast lift which is designed to eliminate the horizontal scar and it limits the incision to the periareolar and vertical part. By minimizing the scars, a more pleasing result is obtained.
Here is some more information about breast lift:
- You may be a candidate for breast lift surgery if you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, aging or after weight loss. You also may desire a mastopexy if breast sagging alone is too great to be treated with an implant alone. The procedure may also be helpful if your nipple-areolar complex ( Pigmented area around the nipples) are enlarged.
- Breast lift (mastopexy) is intended to give the patient an elevated, more youthful breast contour, as well as nipple-areolar complexes of the desired size and at the correct height.
- Breast lift is usually done on an outpatient basis under sedation and local or general anesthesia. The design of the incisions can vary but usually include incisions around the nipple-areolar complex and in the crease under the breast. The nipple-areolar complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position. The insertion of an implant as well, may or may not be advisable. The patient goes home with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are usually completely removed within 7-10 days. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.
- Additional procedures which may enhance the result are a small Breast Reduction or Breast Enlargement.
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and therefore is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment. The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are rare.